Biodynamics Management and Planning
Sunday 22nd September 2013. 9am – 5pm
Mulloon Creek Natural Farms, Bungendore, New South Wales
Are you looking to…..
- build humus and improve the health of your soil
- increase your soil’s water holding capacity
- increase the drought tolerance of your land
- understand how weeds are indicators for soil imbalances
- decrease high cost inputs on your farm
Biodynamics is a cost effective method of producing high quality plants, food and fibre with regenerative ecological outcomes. You will learn how biodynamic preparations contribute to the soil food web creating fertility and balance in your soil.
This 1-day Biodynamics Management and Planning Refresher is suitable for past students who all ready have an understanding of biodynamics and would like to further their knowledge on the biodynamics calendar and learning objectives below.
What you will learn
- Reading the rhythms and pulses of the planetary cycles
- Presentation of the Moon cycles and their significance: Waxing/Waning Moon, Ascending/ Descending Moon, Perigee/Apogee Moon, Moon Nodes, Moon opposition Saturn
- Managing your natural resources – soil, humus, water, soil biodiversity, pasture grasses and trees
- Managing weeds – getting this message
- Use of peppering and weed teas
- Animal health issues
Planning of Application
- Water, stirring and application of Biodynamic Preparations
- Making a Vortex using hands, machines and flow forms
- Application: spray systems, pumps and calibrating, spray nozzle
- Getting started
Books and biodynamic preparations will be available for sale.
John is a third generation ecological farmer. He has been evolving his practice and knowledge of biodynamics for over 50 years at Paterson in the NSW Hunter Valley. He is a wealth of practical knowledge with a keen eye for the small observations that can make a difference to farming.
Hamish has been working with biodynamics for 40 years and presents biodynamics as a cost effective and enjoyable way to produce high quality food and fibre suitable for human health and well-being; at the same time improving our environment.
Located within 45 minutes drive from Canberra Airport, Mulloon Creek Natural Farms comprises two farms, The Home Farm and Duralla, both on Mulloon Creek. You can navigate to Mulloon Creek Natural Farm via the below map.
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Take home samples of biodynamic preparations
- Information hand-outs
Plus as a special bonus, Mulloon Creek Natural Farms will be applying biodynamic preparations 500 and 501 from the air on the weekend of the course. All participants are invited to observe preparation and aerial spraying of 500 on Friday afternoon and 501 early Saturday morning. This is an optional add-on at no charge but is subject to conditions being favourable for spraying. Details will be confirmed closer to the day.